How to furnish your short term rental property like a pro
How to furnish your short term rental property like a pro. means you MUST create a well-designed, comfortable, and functional space that will appeal to a broad range of guests.
Here are a few ways to help you furnish your Airbnb to help you do just that:
- Plan Your Design:
- The first step is to hone in a particular style and the overall design for your property. Consider the location, target audience, and choose an eye-catching theme. Are you going for a modern, rustic, minimalist, or another style? Having a clear vision from the start will help to guide you.
- Invest in Quality Furniture:
- Purchase high-quality furniture that is durable and comfortable. It is important not to go cheap when selecting furniture, so your investment goes further. The last thing you want to do is to re-purchase replacement furniture within a year or so. Make sure to invest in good mattresses, comfortable seating, and dining furniture. Quality furniture tends to last longer and provides a better guest experience.
- Choose Neutral Colors:
- Choose neutral colors for larger furniture and walls. Neutral colors like white, gray, beige, or soft pastels create a versatile backdrop and will appeal to a wide range of guests. IF you do invest in neutral colored upholstered furniture, we highly recommend you invest in having your furniture professionally protected, which waterproofs the fabric for longer durability.
- Balance Comfort and Functionality:
- Ensure that furniture and decor are not only aesthetically pleasing but also functional. Each piece should serve a purpose and contribute to the overall comfort and theme of the space.
- Create Cozy Sleeping Areas:
- Invest in high-quality bedding, including comfortable mattresses, soft sheets, and fluffy pillows. A good night’s sleep is critical for guest satisfaction.
- Provide Adequate Storage:
- Consider storage solutions to help guests keep their belongings organized. Use furniture with built-in storage, provide closet space, and offer luggage racks for every bedroom.
- Consider Multi-Functional Furniture:
- If you have limited space, opt for multi-functional furniture pieces like sofa beds, dining tables that can double as workspaces, or ottomans with hidden storage.
- Personalize with Decor:
- Add personality and character to your space with carefully chosen decor items like artwork, rugs, cushions, and curtains. These touches should complement your design theme.
- Focus on Lighting:
- Install a variety of lighting options, including ambient, task, and accent lighting. Use dimmer switches to allow guests to adjust the lighting to their preference.
10. Equip the Kitchen:
- Stock the kitchen with essential cookware, utensils, appliances, and tableware. Make sure there are enough of each for the number of guests your Airbnb can sleep. Ensure that appliances are in good working order. Including a coffee station for guests is an added benefit for guests that is inexpensive.
11. Provide Quality Amenities:
- Offer amenities such as Wi-Fi, a smart TV with streaming services, a well-stocked bathroom with toiletries, and clean towels. Small touches like a coffee maker or kettle can enhance the guest experience.
12. Keep Safety in Mind:
- Install smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers. Ensure all doors and windows have secure locks. A first aid kit can be a handy addition too.
13. Create a Welcoming Entryway:
- Make a positive first impression by decorating the entryway with a welcome sign, a place to hang coats, and a shoe rack.
14. Regular Maintenance:
- Keep your property well-maintained. Address any maintenance issues promptly and perform regular inspections to ensure everything is in working order.
15. Professional Photography:
- High-quality photos are essential for attracting guests. Consider hiring a professional photographer to showcase your space in the best light.
16. Budget Wisely:
- Create a budget for furnishing your Airbnb and stick to it. Research and compare prices to get the best value for your money.
17. Listen to Guest Feedback:
- Pay attention to guest reviews and feedback. Use this information to make improvements and updates to your property over time.
Furnishing your short term rental like a pro involves careful planning, attention to detail, and a focus on creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for guests. By following these steps, you can create a rental property that stands out and receives positive reviews, leading to more bookings and satisfied guests.
If you are struggling with designing your short term rental like a pro, you can contact Morphe Home Staging. We can help you choose the right elements for your rental property to maximize your investment.